Booking Terms & Conditions
MUAFRIKA ADVENTURES BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR OUR SERVICES
Please take time to read through our booking Terms and Conditions before you confirm a safari with us.
We execute our terms and conditions based on all our Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya & Tanzania Safari Tours depending on the set policies. Confirming a safari with us will mean that you have read through, fully understand and accept the terms and conditions as stated to plan for your memorable Wildlife Safari Adventure Tour below.
For any questions, Queries or Information that you haven’t understood, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- We provide transportation, accommodation bookings, restaurant meals, excursions and other services as stated in an itinerary
- All information detailed in client itineraries is given to the best of our knowledge and based on the latest information available. We cannot be liable for modified information from third parties, nor for any obvious typing errors.
- To reserve flights and gorilla permits we need: your full names as they appear in your passport, your nationality and your passport number.
- Before confirming a safari, the client must inform us of any preferences and special requests of the participants; e.g. medical needs, diet, requirements relating to disabilities and any other requirements. We shall meet the requests if possible.
- All safari packages are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed. Many lodges and hotels offered by us have limited capacity and therefore it is essential to make reservations well in advance of your planned trip.
- In the event that you wish to amend your reservation in any way, we shall make the preferred adjustment where practicable and possible and confirm accordingly. We reserve the right to charge an amendment fee relative to the actual costs, which will be added to the total invoice.
- Children under 12 years are not allowed to track chimpanzees and children under 15 years are not allowed to trek Gorillas.
- We reserve the right to change and re-adjust the tour schedule, transportation, accommodation and services indicated in the itinerary in the event of unforeseen circumstances before arrival. Any changes to the itinerary will be communicated to the client as soon as possible.
- The prices quoted for the various safaris are as per the itinerary and include the following services unless stated otherwise: Overnight in hotels, guesthouses, tents or lodges, all meals as indicated, Sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary, park entrance fees and ranger fees, airport transfers where applicable, ground transportation, English speaking driver/guides and bottled mineral water in the vehicle.
- Expenses that are not covered: International and domestic air fares, visa and passports, meals not mentioned in the itinerary, drinks other than the mineral water provided in the vehicle, tips and gratuities for the guides and accommodation staff, laundry, travel insurance, porters and other items of a personal nature.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices at any time should there be any fluctuation in the exchange rate or an increase in the cost of any element of the tour. The company will however make every effort to minimize any increases.
(3). EXECUTION OF THE SAFARI / TOUR
- Making a safari in Africa takes you to close contact with wild animals. Attacks by wild animals have never happened and it’s very rare but no visit to the African wilderness can guarantee that this will not occur. Always follow the safety instructions from your guide or camps staff, especially with regards to moving to and from your tent, hotel, Banda, lodge and while on game activities throughout your trip. We will not be held responsible incase of any incident or injury because most of all hotels, safari camps and lodges are not fenced meaning animals move freely around the lodges.
- A gorilla or chimpanzee permit guarantees clients will be able to track the primates in question but does not guarantee that the animals will be in plain sight.
- Accommodation is based on twin or double bedded room, tent or banda, with private bathroom where possible. Single rooms may be available with the payment of a supplement fee but availability cannot always be guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of equivalent standard is not available we may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest superior standard accommodation (extra charges may apply).
- The mode of transport used will be dependent on the number of clients and the route taken, based on the specifications of the chosen itinerary. Every effort is made to ensure that vehicles are provided in a roadworthy condition but no liability can be accepted for a puncture, breakdown, damage, or any delay as a result of the poor road conditions.
- Experienced English-speaking drivers/guides are a key part of your tour and these are the only person(s) allowed to drive our vehicles. The driver’s decision on all matters, such as the route taken, is final.
- We reserve the right to alter any route or arrangement, cancel the operation of any scheduled tour or vary the safari services in any way in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as road closures, bad weather, problems with National Parks or hotels and security considerations. In such cases, alternative arrangements will be made as circumstances permit.
- We reserve the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied.
- We reserve the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if, in our opinion or in the opinion of any other person in authority, the person concerned behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, hazard or inconvenience to any third party, damage to property or to environments and ecosystems. No refunds will be made and we shall not be liable for expenses incurred as a result of the termination.
- All tours will be booked and confirmed only upon receipt of a 30% deposit of the basic program rate. For gorilla permits, a full advance payment of the permit fee is required in order to make the reservation.
- The payment balance is due no later than 42 days prior to the safari unless agreed otherwise.
- Bookings made within 42 days before arrival must be paid in full at the time of confirmation.
- If payment is not received in accordance with the above, we have the right to cancel the booking.
- Payment can be made by VISA credit card, bank transfer or cash, before the start of the safari. Note that payments by VISA credit card attract a 3.5% service charge. Credit card transactions must be made at least two months prior to the start of your safari. Regretfully, traveller cheques are no longer accepted.
- The costs of international transactions (or a 3.5 % service charge in case of credit card payments) are to be fully paid by the client.
(5). CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
The following cancellation charges apply to our individual and group Tours calculated after deducting Gorilla and Chimpanzee Permits as well as flights and other logistical items required for your safari booked for you by MuAfrika Adventures limited which are paid directly to Governments and other service providers that are not refundable according to the booking terms and conditions
The following cancellation percentage charges apply to the remaining monies after catering for the above-mentioned items and shall apply to any refunds:
90 days or more prior to arrival 70% refund (30% will be charged)
89 – 60 days prior to arrival 40% refund (60% will be charged)
59 – 30 days prior to arrival 20% refund (80% Will be charged)
29 – 0 days prior to arrival 0% refund (100% will be charged)
- We reserve the right to deduct all expenses incurred from money paid.
- Gorilla permits and air tickets are 100% non-refundable.
- There will be no refund for Gorilla trekking permits as this is a direct policy from Uganda wildlife Authority and Rwanda Wild Life Authority.
- No refunds will be made for any unused services, late arrival or no-show of any of the members of the tour.
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing and shall be effective on the date of actual receipt by us.
- Refund on all pre-paid money will be based on cancellation fees levied by hotels and lodges.
- We regret that we do not refund any expenses or losses incurred as a result of any cancellation or reschedule and such costs including those to our service providers shall also be directly charged off the clients’ prior deposit before issuing a refund.
- We shall try to ensure that the company exceeds the expectations in every area of the tour arrangements. However, suggestions are very much appreciated in order to keep improving the quality of the service.
- If you have any cause of complaints while travelling, you must immediately bring it to the attention of the company’s representative, agent or supplier of the service in Question who will do their best to resolve the matter. If the problem is not solved to the client’s satisfaction, the complaint should be reported in writing and not later than 30 days after completion of the tour.
- Liability for any complaints not notified in accordance with the above-described procedure cannot be accepted.
- Please note that your booking is accepted upon understanding that you come on holiday entirely on your own decision to make the Safari due to the fact there are certain inherent dangers involved with adventure travel. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for any event we have no control over.
- MuAfrika Adventures Ltd will not be held responsible for acts of nature, fire, acts of government or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, riots, terrorist acts, strikes, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, dangers, incidents to water, land and air travel, incidents with wildlife and other similar acts or incidents beyond its ability to control.
- We shall make every effort to ensure that all arrangements and services offered as part of the safari are carried out as specified in the most efficient way possible. However, the company does not have direct control of the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst every supplier is chosen with the utmost care, we do not accept liability for errors or omissions of such suppliers.
- We shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature whatsoever whether to person or property.
- It is a privilege to see animals in their natural habitat and as such, we cannot guarantee wildlife or game viewing. You must take caution when viewing the animals and carefully follow the instructions given by either your driver guide or wildlife rangers.
- Whilst every care is taken, MuAfrika Adventures cannot be held responsible for the direct or indirect costs of loss or damage to baggage or personal possessions.
These are the terms and conditions governing the relationship between MuAfrika Adventures Limited (company) and you (Client), to the total exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No alterations to the terms and conditions may be made by any of the company’s employees, authorized representatives or agents, unless in writing by an authorized officer of the company. All decisions and matters subject to the company’s discretion shall be by an authorized officer of the company. The Company reserves the right to employ sub-contractors for all or part of the services.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MUAFRIKA ADVENTURES LIMITED TERMS AND CONDITIONS!